As Regional Director, I will promote a “members first” approach that will focus on:
- Engagement – Increasing levels of member engagement to reach the full potential of our Union will be my first priority. This includes frequent, timely and up-to-date reports to members. Building on efforts of Better Together, I will endeavour to be more inclusive in promoting collaboration and cooperation between groups and branches. We need to adopt and promote a common vision for this Region and within PIPSC.
- Enhancement – All organizations must continue to evolve to ensure that they are efficient, effective, responsive and relevant to their members. We must strengthen current elements that really work, seek out best practices from others and adopt those in our Union.
- Enthusiasm – There is a need to raise the profile of our Union and how it contributes to building healthy, inclusive and prosperous communities! Involvement in events such as May Day, Labour Day and other public events raises a positive community image.
- Advocacy – An organized advocacy effort must be implemented that seizes every opportunity to remind the public of the value of the adequate resources for:
- Strong and relevant public science program in the public interest;
- Effective health care delivery systems in our federal services;
- Diligent tax assessment and collection programs that ensures everyone pays their fair share; and
- Sustainable management systems that ensure the long-term viability of our shared resources.